
Were mine and Ixchelt's burlesque monikers...a pretty good double act oui, though I prefer a name with 'von' in it I think. So anyway, off we trotted to the Shoreditch high st penthouse studio for our very first burlesque workshop.
Our teacher was Miss Glory Pearl, an extremely confident and curvacious woman who proceded to lead us through a series of bump and grinds (somewhat different to the type littering r&b music videos) shimmy and shakes and pin up poses with gusto and a large dollop of good humour.
The routine we perfected within the hour and a half workshop involved titilating teasing with feather foas, slow and seductive stroking of limbs and a striptease starting with our skirts and ending with our brassieres, which we eventually removed (so that the audience, had there been one, could 'say hello to the girls').
Overall it was an eye opening hour and a half and most importantly a real laugh, and despite not rushing out to buy nipple tassels after I would thoroughly recommend the experience to anyone, though maybe not the faint hearted...


No comments:
Post a Comment