The only problem is, I am constantly tired. A simple tube journey into central renders me useless for the rest of the day, fatigued by the tasks when I arrive at my destination such as navigating around packed pavements and stressed shoppers. Although the tube makes travel easier I underestimate the energy that is required to deal with everyday commutes - rush hour especially - and often struggle to stay awake whilst sitting in the embryionic like carriage being rocked gently, encased underground. I've found an effective antidote is to take the bus whenever possible, that extra vitamin d has never been so good!

Another problem is that I now have no time to do things leisurely. Even when I do not have an engagement to get to I have found myself rushing about like a maniac, on auto 'Londoner' pilot. In the same way people crush together at the front of the tube lift out of habit despite there only being 5 people present, I rush from pillar to post trying to do everything as fast as possible so I can get home and do whatever my latest to do list comprises of.
After running myself ragged to the point of exhaustion I have decided that this urgency is no longer necessary, generally and also when I am late. Sure I don't like to be late, but being on time by nearly inducing a heart attack is not the answer. From now on I'm going to take my Grandma's lead and take my precious time about things...for a while maybe.


No comments:
Post a Comment