Too true man, too true. Whilst at home this weekend in an attempt to shake off that London fog and indulge in some home comforts I was delighted to find that The Aristocats was on TV Sunday afternoon, a prime slot for some pre roast, post saturday night chillin.
Now I'm by no means one of those saccharin specimens who at 20+ has an unhealthy obsession with Disney, still has a Pocahontas bed spread and adores Mickey Mouse, oh no, I think these 'women' have serious issues (mostly of the deep rooted oedipul variety) and should grow the fuck up. Don't get me wrong, yes I loved the Lion King as a child but that doesn't mean I have to play the soundtrack repeatedly and still have my Simba and Nala cuddly toys proudly displayed on the edge of my bed, come on, over a decade has passed since those cherished times.
Saying that, I have nothing against occasional fond nolstalgia, and Sunday night was the perfect timing for mine having run home to revert back to 'childhood' for a weekend (being cooked for, rallied round and generally fussed over). I think I'd go so far as to say that The Aristocats is my favourite Disney film (closely followed by Mary Poppins & Aladdin...and The Little Mermaid) because it combines two of my favourite things, (cats and France) is beautifully illustrated and has one of the best songs:
And besides, who doesn't want to be a cat?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment