I cannot actually remember the last time I was as angry as I am today. I am incensed, livid even, that my dream to have my very own pole to practice on has been so cruelly shattered by some narrow minded individual who refuses to acknowledge pole dancing as an actual sport not synonymous with stripping.
The goal I had been coveting for years was nearly a reality, the funds (as proper, reputable poles cost in the region of £150-£200 but are a worthy investment) accumulated, permission from my land lord secured. BUT NO. My flatmate who uses the lounge for no less that THREE of his precious bikes has a problem with it.
"What will people think?" Who cares what 'people' think, your friends will still be friends with you if they come round and see it, it will be obvious it is not yours, god forbid. "It will look like a brothel" yes, because I'm going to charge men to come in and watch me pole dance in a diamonté thong whilst you cook dinner.
I tried to reason with him, explain how much it meant to be me, offered to take it down when parents came round to visit (obviously a cause for concern) and explained the benefits it would provide for me both physically and financially. But no, it would make him uncomfortable, how would I feel if he trained in the middle of the lounge? I said by all means he should. He said it wasn't the same. My other flat mate doesn't want to get involved and says it's okay if everyone else is happy.
It really is a shame that in this day and age people cannot accept pole dancing for the extremely skilled, beautiful sport and art form that it can be and instead merely dismiss it as something practised only by prostitutes. I think I might have to move out.
To demonstrate the difference between pole dancing as a sport/ as a prop for selling yourself, here is the exquisite Elena Gibson:-
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment