Thursday, 24 February 2011

Takeaway NX

This valentines day I decided to do something decidely different from the usual agenda of bitter hating/expensive dining and stressing over present buying, I went to the Second 'Takeaway NX' exhibition.



The show consisted of artists from nearby Goldsmith's displaying their work in most of the fast food shops from New Cross Station to New Cross Gate, providing some unusual but annoyingly tempting/tasty surroundings. Highlights included:

Photographs - 'White' by Ana Brotas


Photographs By Becca Voelckr & Ellie Thomason


All in all it was a charming little exhibition, though I was a bit disappointed at how small it was, and it was kinda awkward going into shops and seeing the expectant, hopeful look in the shopkeepers beady little eyes and not buying anything; not even the token portion of chips. There was a reception at the Marquis of Granby and I ended the night having a not so romantic but extremely satisfying chinese in 'Go Sing'. Screw you, valentines.


No comments:

Post a Comment