Tuesday, 17 May 2011

Skirting the issue

Having landed myself an internship in an office with a 'smart casual' dress code, I have become reacquainted with my old friend, the pencil skirt. Whilst somewhat OTT for everyday college attire, the pencil skirt is the office woman's wardrobe staple, defining and cinching in the waist, hiding the tummy and creating an hourglass figure no matter what size you are.



However, the pencil skirt also severely restricts leg movement, especially if the bottom of it is seamed and you are teaming it with the de rigeur four inch heels, I remembered whilst sashaying my way down the street attempting to reach the bus stop on time.

The pencil skirt/heels combo also results in an inevitable wiggle, which although admittedly pretty hot, if you have time to saunter, wastes time and ultimately slows you down. I wish that men had such issues to contend with.

No comments:

Post a Comment